Minebea Intec is currently setting new standards for packaged food production lines. With Flexus®, the high demands of the food industry have been consistently implemented in a checkweigher. With its wide range of configuration options, it meets practically every requirement.
Hygienic design is the sum of many small details
Product weight and integrity checking is an integral part of production control in the production of packaged food. At the same time, companies are also subject to the strictest hygiene standards, and it is precisely these requirements that the innovative checkweigher Flexus® was designed to meet."Flexus® has been consistently developed according to the EHEDG hygienic design guidelines," explains Stefanie Dahmen. The Aachen-based Minebea Intec product manager has been involved in the intensive development process right from the start. "We have minimised contact surfaces as well as horizontal surfaces, and the open frame has no hollow part. Together with the increased floor clearance, this means that Flexus® guarantees easy inspection as well as quick and safe cleaning, thus saving our customers time and money."
Optimised standard configurations for versatile applications
The focus was not just on hygienic design when Flexus® was being developed: "On the additional premise of flexibility, we were able to produce a hygienic, high-performance checkweigher that, much like a Swiss army knife, has a wide range of applications. This makes Flexus® an investment with real potential." The dynamic checkweigher handles quick transitioning between products thanks to a number of practical features. For example, additional modules can be attached to the sturdy construction's upper frame without difficulty and the width of the conveyor belts can be easily altered. There is also a comprehensive selection of separators and a wide range of data interfaces for seamless integration into any IT landscape. However, amongst all this flexibility, one thing seems certain: excellent marketing opportunities. "We've had a number of firm enquiries," confirms Stefanie Dahmen, referring to the successful sales launch of the new checkweigher with hygienic design.
For more information, head to: www.flexus-checkweigher.com
Facts and features
- High-resolution Electro-Magnetic Force Compensation (EMFC) weighing cell technology
- Maximum throughput up to 600 pieces per minute
- Operator terminal with intuitive, multilingual menu navigation
- Display: 15'' touchscreen or 10.4'' screen with keypad
- Flexus® Combi can be extended with Vistus® metal detection technology
- Various software options: separation monitoring, production monitoring, etc.
- Cover for weighing belt or full cover - both certified to food standards
- Various conveyor widths
- Variable table height
- Collection container made from plastic (food-safe) or stainless steel
- Various separators: pushers, blowers, rockers, multi-segment
- Customer-specific engineering on request
We ask for one file copy to be provided in the event of publication. If publishing online, please link the article to our website